The Gurdwara Rakab Ganj Sahib is historic gurdwara near Parliament House in New Delhi. It was built in 1783, after Sikh military leader Baghel Singh (1730-1802) captured Delhi, on 11 March 1783, and his brief stay in Delhi, lead to the construction of several Sikh religious shrines within the city. This one marks the site of cremation of ninth Sikh Guru, Guru Tegh Bahadur, after his execution in November, 1675, under orders of Aurangzeb. The Gurudwara built near old Raisina village near Raisina Hill at present Pandit Pant Marg, took 12 years to built. Prior to this, a mosque had been built at the very spot, eventually later Mughal Emperor, Shah Alam II gave the permission to build a gurdwara here. The Gurdwara is also home to the Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee.